Sony KD-49XF7096 is a mid-range model designed for restrained living rooms or as a second television, a whim for the bedroom. It has characteristics typical of its range and, on occasions, it surprises us with certain details that are a plus that undoubtedly give it great appeal.
Technical characteristics of the Sony KD49XF7096BAEP
|Make model||Sony KD-49XF7096- Sony KD49XF7096BAEP|
|Size||49 ″ (123 cm)|
|Resolution||Ultra HD (3840 x 2160p)|
|Aspect ratio||16: 9|
|Frequency||60 Hz 400 Hz XR|
|Smart tv||Yes, Linux|
|Sound||20 W 2 ch, ClearAudio +|
|Dimensions without stand (Height x Width x Depth)||645 x 1101 x 58 mm|
|Dimensions with stand (Height x Width x Depth)||705 x 1101 x 279 mm|
|Weight (Without / With stand)||12 kg / 12.6 kg|
|VESA compatibility||Yes, 200 x 200|
|HDMI ports||3 2.0 with HDCP 2.3, ARC and CEC|
|USB ports||3 2.0 and 3.0|
|CI + Integrated||Yes, v1.3|
|Energy Class||At 115 W|
|Contents / Accessories||
Other sizes: Sony KD-43XF7096 / Sony KD-55XF7096 / Sony KD-65XF7096
Sony KD49XF7096BAEP exterior design and connectivity
Sony KD-49XF7096 is a TV with a design that will fit in any space. It is simple, in black, medium to thin frames and with the guarantee offered by the BRAVIA.
The panel is 645 x 1101 x 58 mm and weighs 12 kg. This can be mounted on the wall simply by placing it in a VESA that is 20 x 20 cm. Behind it has a simple cable management system; not the best but does a good job.
On the other hand, if you have space in your furniture and it is your pleasure that the television rests on it, you can do so because some legs are also included, of the same black color. These provide 6 cm in height and their depth is 27.9 cm. Each of these weighs 300 grams, so the figures that are handled with the whole set are 705 x 1101 x 279 mm and 12.6 kilograms.
Tuning and connectivity
The Sony KD-49XF7096 has an analog tuning given in B / G, D / K, I. We also have digital in DVB-T / T2, DVB-S7S2 and DVB-C. Finally, we do not forget the CI +, given in version 1.3.
We will have LAN-Ethernet and WiFi to connect to the network. We have satellite, CI + slot and RF connections to enable such tuning. Finally, we find triple HDMI with HDCP in 2.3, ARC and CEC, also three USB ports, two of them in 2.0 and one in 3.0 with a recorder function, component video, 3.5 mm jack and an optical audio input.
Image quality and general functions
The 107.3 x 60.3 cm screen has a diagonal measurement of 123 cm. This is an IPS of 30 bits and with 10 bits for the depth of color, worked at a rate of 8 bits and with the Fram Rate Control system. Edge LED backlight.
The pixels are 0.279 mm in size and are given at the rate of 91 for each inch. This is because the total resolution is ULTRA HD at 3840 x 2160 pixels.
Sony KD-49XF7096 has a processing enabled by:
- HDR compatibility: The device is compatible with the HDR 10 and HLG standards coming from both tuners and external devices, including the PlayStation 4.
- Live Color Technology: Colors are worked to be vibrant and deep.
- 4K X-Reality Pro: The resolution is artificially increased so that the content is as detailed as possible and with a good dose of reality.
- MotionFlow XR: Sony integrates this proprietary technology in charge of frame interpolation. What it does is create intermediate frames by studying the previous and the next one so that the created content fits with them. This ensures that jumps between sequences are not reproduced. We are going to enjoy it in 400 XR running up to 50 Hz frequency (although 60 is reached).
- Image modes: The firm has been responsible for defining twelve image modes, each with different values that allow the content to be adjusted in the most precise way.
Sony KD49XF7096BAEP is a model that, despite having the conventional power for the mid-range, 20 W RMS, has audio processing and other sound qualities that undoubtedly make this section stand out compared to other models.
- It has two bass reflex type speakers.
- ClearAudio +: The audio becomes clearer and more realistic; thus we get it to be more enveloping.
- DSEE: This technology capable of repairing files is integrated to recover the details that emerge when they are compressed or defragmented.
- Clear Phase: Compensator for the inaccuracies thrown by speakers in response to content playback. Thus, it is uniform, pure and natural when canceling drops and spikes.
- S-Force Front Surround: Its function is to emulate the sound volume so that it surrounds us. It achieves this by working, in its two channels, the delay or the wave.
- Audio modes: We have four modes, Cinema, Sports, Music and Standard. Each of them adjusts certain values, improving the sound of each of the contents.
- Decoding: Decoding is in Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, AC-4 and Dolby Pulse and in DTS Digital Surround.
Sony KD49XF7096BAEP Software / SmartTV Review
For this model Sony does not include Android TV, an OS often used for its smart models. In this way, the model analyzed today has Linux to work as a base and a browser, Vewd. Its software stores also have the same name, with which we can enjoy a wide variety of games and applications.
In addition, the firm offers us a series of functions such as Media Connect and Photo Sharing Plus. Both serve to enjoy a good convergence between devices, making it possible to enjoy our phone or tablet in sync with the Sony KD49XF7096BAEP.
Obviously, we maintain the typical functions of a lifetime such as the timer for off or on, EPG, teletext …
Availability and price of Sony KD-49XF7096
Sony KD-49XF7096 TV: Pros and Cons
- Integrable design in any space
- Many image enhancement technologies
- Dolby Atmos
- Smart system